Sunday, May 1, 2011

Love Always Hopes

As much as I wanted to know Anna's response to my last text, I didn't, so I devoted myself to my work, cleaning all the kennels and aquariums, reading a lot of books I won't remember, and sleeping for at least ten hours a night.

When Lester returned to town from work on Friday, he stopped by to make sure I was alright since I never texted him or called him. I explained the sitch and he went bonkers.

"Dude, you have to call her! Take my phone right now and meet up with her."

"I don't want to."

"You HAVE to, Ray. You have to. She obviously likes you."

"You think?"

"It's SO obvious."

"Yeah?"

"Yeah! Now call her and explain what happened and ask if you can meet with her to talk."

His voice was making me excited and more hopeful then I would ever be. I guess that is why he is my friend. Cuz he can lift me higher than I could ever lift myself. "Okay, okay. But you got to leave the room."

"Why?"

"I can't talk to her while you're listening. I'll freeze up and feel nauseous."

"Really?" He gave me a look.

"Yup."

"Really?" He gave me more of a look.

"I will. Now go."

He slowly left the room and I dialed. She answered. We spoke. We hung up.

"You can come back in!"

Lester shuffled in, grinning, and with his hands on his hips. "So?"

"So what?"

"So what did she say, moron?"

"We're gonna have lunch on the the second."

"Monday?"

"Yeah, Monday."

"Alright, soon-to-be-dating-Anna-man. Good luck. I'll be back Monday night to see how it went. I gotta get some sleep."

When he left, so did my smile and I haven't stopped shaking since then.